One approach of Android security is the analysis for detecting potential information leaks. The current technical analyses (as static analysis, dynamic analysis, hybrid of static and dynamic analysis) only focus on action within a single application, while the coordinated action of several applications for the malicious purpose is becoming popular. This study proposes a hybrid approach that combines static and dynamic analysis to detect information leak as a result of the coordinated action of multiple applications. In this context, we call it inter-application malware.Scientific papers accepted by journals in ISI (SCIE):
- Nguyen Tan Cam, Van-Hau Pham, Tuan Nguyen, “Detecting sensitive data leakage via inter-applications on Android using a hybrid analysis technique”, Cluster Computing - The journal of networks software tools and applications, ISSN: 1386-7857, Springer, ISI (SCIE), IF: 2.04, (2017), https://doi.org/10.1007/s10586-017-1260-2
- Ly Hoang Tuan, Nguyen Tan Cam, Van-Hau Pham, “Enhancing the accuracy of static analysis for detecting sensitive data leakage in Android by using dynamic analysis”, Cluster Computing - The journal of networks software tools and applications, ISSN: 1386-7857, Springer, ISI (SCIE), IF: 2.04, (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10586-017-1364-8
- Nguyen Tan Cam, Van-Hau Pham, Tuan Nguyen, “Sensitive Data Leakage Detection in Pre-Installed Applications of Custom Android Firmware”, in 18th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM2017). DOI 10.1109/MDM.2017.56.
- Phan The Duy, Nguyen Tan Cam, Van-Hau Pham, “eddLeak: Enhancing precision of detecting inter-app data leakage in Android applications”, in 2017 IEEE 9th International Conference on Communication Software and Networks (ICCSN2017). ISBN: 987-1-5090-3820-6.
- Nguyen Tan Cam, Van-Hau Pham, Tuan Nguyen, “Detect security threat in android custom firmware by analyzing applications framework and default settings”, in Proceedings of the 10th National Conference on Fundamental and Applied Information Technology Research (FAIR'10), ISBN: 978-604-913-614-6, DOI:10.15625/vap.2017.00011.
- Nguyen Tan Cam, Van-Hau Pham, Tuan Nguyen, 2017, “Phát hiện rò rỉ thông tin nhạy cảm trên Android bằng kỹ thuật phân tích động”, in proceeding of 2nd Workshop - Một số vấn đề an toàn thông tin (Symposium on Infomation Sercurity - SoIS) 2017. Accepted to publish on Journal of Information & Communications Technology (Tạp chí Công nghệ thông tin & Truyền thông). ISSN 1859–3526.